Question

Build muscle

I' ve been training for about 3 months now. I really want to build some muscle now and want to know how much reps is best. Currently i' m doing 8 reps all over. Would you say i should stay at this or should i increase weights by say 5kg and lower reps to 6?

Then with calf' s I' ve heard because the muscles are used constantly it is better to do little more reps to really get to the deeper muscle/fibre which makes sense to me. So i' m doing 15 reps. Is this good or should i rather decrease to say 8 at higher weight?

What are your thoughts/advice on this.

Thanks!

6 is very low. I don't think you should go quite as low as this. I'd say you should rather look at between 8 and 10 reps and then progress by increasing the weight you use. If you are currently using say 50kg on an exercise, then maybe a 10% increase is in order? If that's not achievable, then what I would do is increase the reps from 8 to 10 on the same weight, for a week or so, and then go back to 8 reps and try then with the higher weight.