Question
Posted by: lizzy | 2008/06/27

"buffalo hump" PLEASE HELP

Hi there,

My Gp referred me to an endocronologist for a problem I have called a "buffalo hump"- a slight hump at the base of my neck / top of my back. I cannot afford this at the moment as the consult alone is almost R1000 and that doesnt include any tests that they do and I am not on a medical aid. Is there ANY way to treat this without seeing a specialist ie through diet or exercise?

Dear Lizzy

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to treat the hump with a diet or exercise. It is possibly a hormone inbalance that is causing the fatty deposit (hump). Therefore, I suggest that you consult a specialist to have the necessary tests done.

Kind regards