Question
Posted by: Marita | 2010/06/21

Budgie seemed to lost voice

It is for a while now that I noticed that my budgie is only making faint little sounds and you can basically not hear her anymore. She used to make sounds and " talk"  all day long but now she is non-stop trying to make these weak, hardly audible sounds. What can be the reason for that and is there anything I can do?

Hi Marita

There are many problems associated with vocal loss. The main problem that comes to mind is iodine deficiency that results in a condition called goiter (affects the thyroid gland). Other important conditions include tumours and respiratory diseases - bact/fungal/parasitic. In your case I think that you are going to have to visit your local vet to confirm the diagnosis

3
Posted by: adrik | 2015/11/10

my bird only talks a little but if she does then she makes it screaming sound

Reply to adrik
Posted by: Marita | 2010/06/23

Is there then anything that I can first try for iodine deficiency?

Reply to Marita
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/06/21

Hi Marita

Reply to CyberVet