Question
Posted by: Doreen | 2010/06/27

Budgie fungus

My budgie het ''n wit kors ( parasiet/fungus) op haar bek en ooglede ontwikkel. DHoe kan ek dit behandel? Sal enige raad baie waardeer.
Dankie

Hi Doreen

Mite infestations can be treated with veterinary products such as ivermectin, Moxydectin or Nomectin - I would advise that you visit your vet to get the aquired treatment following a clinical examination.

Household products that can be used include Benzyl benzoate, Paraffin and Petroleum Jelly. Yhese products would only be used in the initial syages of infestation/minor infection. Treatment is for 3-4 days for 2 weeks and includes soaking the infested area with the products outlined above

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/06/29

Hi Doreen

Reply to CyberVet