Question
Posted by: John | 2009-01-18

Bruises on body

I feel knocked my bum (coxsik) bone a two weeks ago in a point of a chair. It was bruised but is still sore and if I sit for long it goes numbs and starts to pain. Is this normal or should I be concerned ?

Dear John
It depends how hard you knocked it - you may have a bruised coccyx or even a cracked coccyx. Maybe your doctor should rather examine you to determine if x/rays is necessary. It may help to sit on a doughnut cushion (you can buy one at Dischem or try to borrow one from a physiotherapist)See http://www.coccyx.org/coping/cushions.htm