Posted by: Jandri van den Berg | 2009-10-02

Bruises and metal taste

I am covered in small bruises especially on my legs on the inside of my calves and knees. I was told I have a K12 deficiency. I also have a sweet metal taste in my mouth. I' m feeling tired and a little dizzy. Any relation? I am taking a multi vitamin and K12.

Your symptoms are related. K12 helps with the clotting process, which explains the bruising and the tiredness can be caused by vitamin deficiency. There are other factors that can cause tiredness and I therefore, suggest that you ask your doctor to test you for other possible causes.

The metal taste can be due to infection of the salivatory glands or infection in the mouth. Food supplementation and multi vitamins can also cause a metal taste.