Question
Posted by: Sanet | 2012/11/06

Bruises

Doctor,
I bruise very easily especially on my upper arms (below). I will go to sleep at night and the next morning I will wake and I am so bruised. I have to wear long sleeve tops to hide it because it''s very embarrassing. Is it a vitamin deficiency? Why is this happening?
Sanet

Sanet

I suggest that you consult your doctor as soon as possible. A vitamin K deficiency can cause excessive bruising but your doctor will have to exclude leukemia as a possibility. I am sorry, I do not want to worry you but excessive, unexplained bruising will have to be investigated.