Question
Posted by: Leona Fuller | 2010/01/18

bruised coccyx

For the past few days I have had a very sore/bruised coccyx and I have no idea why. I have not fallen or been hit and the only thing I can think of is that when I walk with my walking group in the evenings I have clenched my buttocks and this has bruised my tailbone - is this at all possible?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Leona Fuller

Dear Leona
No this will not injure your coccyx - it may however be the SI joints or ligaments that is painful. Try an anti-inflammatory like Neurofen for a few days if you are not allergic to it or have other contra-indications?

2
Posted by: Rox | 2010/01/20

Reply to Rox
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/19

Dear Leona

Reply to cyberdoc