Posted by: Wynand | 2011-06-13

Bruised Bone

Hey, I think I have a bruised bone injury (in my left arm, left, outside section of the arm, right after my wrist) hope that makes sense. If I press against it anywhere, it doesn''t hurt. As soon as I pick something up or apply pressure to it in some way it hurts. A friend told me that he had the same and it was a bruised bone. Any tips on healing that? According to him you have to wait it out. I do Jiu Jitsu and kind of need my arm. :)

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

You will have to rest your arm and avoid strenuous exercise for at least four weeks. I suggest that you take Myprodol capsules, two capsules, three times a day for at least 5 days to alleviate the swelling and inflammation.

If it is very painful, you can apply a cold pack for at least 10 minutes, followed by a heat pack for at least 10 minutes.