Question
Posted by: Daph | 2008/11/17

bruise on back

I developed a bruise on my back midway and on the right. This bruise used to come and go but now remains there and only the degree of discolouration now differs. At the moment it is a pupleish red but usualy a grey blue blotch about the size of my hand. I do have back problems but somehow this pain increases if I inhale deeply. Is this my back or something else? Should I worry? Right now is a bit tight to go to the doctor financial wise.

Dear Daph
It does not sound to me like bruise at all but rather an area which does not get enough blood flow. A doctor needs to have a look at this - a GP may be the cheapest option.