Question

Bruise

Dear Dr Bets,
I fell and knocked my leg on a stair, it was very painful and had a red bruise. That bruise is now hard and turned purple, but it is not that sore anymore. It is close to my shin. I am just a bit concerned as to why it is so hard on that specific area (bruise)? Should I go to my GP and have it checked out or will it heal by itself? Should I be rubbing it in with Voltaren?
Thanks for your help and advice.

I sugges that you consult your doctor in order to have the area examined, as there might be a possible underlying soft tissue infection.