Question
Posted by: Vinkie | 2012-05-29

Brown spots

Hi I would like to know , what to use for brown spots on legs arms and specially my hands .
Please I need help !!

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Vinkie, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response but I have been away at a congress.

Your first and most important treatment is a good daily SPF (50 or higher that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide) applied several times daily and to practice sun avoidance as much as possible.

Brown spots or pigmentation can be treated in a number of ways but the correct choice is dependent on the age of the skin, the condition of the skin, and the degree of previous sun damage. Topical approaches include depigmenting creams and chemical peels; technology such as IPL and fractional skin resurfacing can also be used to achieve improvement and clearance. Your best option would be to consult with a cosmetic dermatologist or an aesthetic medical practitioner who can examine the skin and give you the best treatment options.