Posted by: Noleen | 2009-08-11

Brown Perion

Hi Doc &  Forum

I have been off the pill since January 2009. My periods are very regular and my cycle is 24-28 days which lasts for 5 days. I' m 31 and since February we' ve been trying to conceive (for a second baby). My previous period was on 23 July and i' m expecting my next period from around 15 Aug.

On Saturday I started an abnormal period, brownish and very light period as compared to my normal period and only lasted for 3 days. I haven' t taken any medication or being stressed lately. I also became sick on sunday ( a bit of flu). I stopped the period yesterday but I still have the flu and I have mild lower-abdomen and mild back pain.

Could this be a late ovulation (I normally ovulate around day 10 after my period and I don' t experience any pains), or could it be cyst, or could it be implantation bleeding?

Please assist wherever you can. I' m just too busy to visit my Doctor at the moment.

It could be implantation bleeding.