Posted by: scared | 2009-08-02

brown discharge still after period.

hey i am very very worried. I am 19 years old, im still a virgin , but i had my period today exactly a week ago and my period always only last 4 days. and its been like a day more than a week and im still getting a brown discharge that smells, and i shower like 3 times to just get rid of the smell. And i dunno why this is happening? I took yazmin pills like while i was my period to try make it lighter because of a matric dance i went to, but only took two days.
i dont know if it could be that? please help... im sheduled to go to the gynae in anyway next week for my first appointment ever....

If you have been sexually active (I know you said virgin, but this is often meant to refer to not having had penetrative intercourse) then it is possible that you have an infection if you have had any skin on skin or fluid on skin contact. If this is not the case, then try not to worry; it could be a shift in your hormone with the introduction of the pill, or a bacterial infection which can be caused by changes in the natural levels of ph in your vagina. Your gynae will address this at your appointment, try not to be too worried; especially if you have given yourself no cause to worry (i.e. unprotected sex).

Posted by: Anon | 2009-08-03

Best discuss in with the Gynea. And do not fret about the visit, it is their work and they have seen all that can be seen and is cool with it.