Question
Posted by: ANON | 2011/03/18

BROWN DISCHARGE BEFORE PERIOD

Hi doc

34yrs old, 2 children, sterilize for 6 yrs. My problem is a few days 3 - 5 days before my period, a brown discharge, very messy and I have to wear a pad. And by the 6th day I get my period and very heavy for about 1 day and the next day I am like finishing. What can I do to speed up the menstruation cycle to start, and to reduce the brown discharge, or is there something wrong with me.

Thank you in advance for your help.

I would not regard what you describe as abnormal. Your period is light till the last day. There isn't really anyhting you can do to change this.

1