Question
Posted by: Eric | 2009/07/30

Bronchovascular markings

Hi There, i just want to know if Bronchovascular markings at the base of my right rib is dangerous and what causes it? I went for xrays and the doctor just gave me painkiller but it doesnt seem to be healing. What can i do to stop this pain? Unfortanetly i am an smoker but only smoke 5 or less sigarettes a day. My flat is quite damped in the bathroom walls though.

Hi Eric
It is often a sign of infection in the lung or of increased fluid in the lung due to diseases like heart failure. You may need to use antibiotics if you are coughing and have signs of a lung infection