Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2010/05/13

Bronchospasm

2 Wks ago I went to my Doc and he said I had Bronchitis, Laryngitis and Pharyngitis. He gave me penicilan and cortisone. I started feeling better but had terrible chest pain. Last wkend I was getting out of breath after walking small distances. I went back to my Doc. He did x-rays and told me I have Bronchospasm. He has put me back on cortisone for 25 days and anti-inflammotories and told me to continue with my inflammide pump (I''m asthmatic). I still have a lot of pain in my chest. I wake up at night from it. How long will this take to clear up and when can I start excercising again?

Hallo Lisa
What kind of chest pain is it - when you cough, or is it a sharp pain when you breathe in? It is difficult to predict how long this will take to clear up without seeing x/rays or having examined you - your doctor will be able to answer this. You can only start exercising when you have no muscle pain, fever or shortness of breath.
dr Bets

2
Posted by: boomsie | 2010/05/13

my dad passed away on 2007 dec because of the same prob, he had emphisema as well. not nice to see someone die because of this, very cruel and slow death, i still get nightmares

Reply to boomsie
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/05/13

Hallo Lisa
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc