Posted by: bronchitis injection | 2008-12-02

bronchitis injection

Hi. I recently suffered with bronchitis and want to know if a bronchitis injection exists? If yes, where can I get it done - at a pharmacy such as Clicks/ Dischem or my GP? How long should I wait before I have it after bronchitis occurs? How long does it last for? Are there side-effects? Does it work? And what season is best to get it? Should certain people avoid it? I am 40 with a weak immune system.

Expert ImageArchive

I am not aware of any type of specific 'bronchitis injection'. There is the 'flu injection' available. This is available from your GP and some pharmacies.

The flu injection is typically given just prior to the onset of winter because this is when the 'flu bugs' are more active. There can be potential side effects. The injection is actually a very 'diluted' version of the 'bug' itself so patients quite often complain of flu like symptoms after the injection!!

Patients with compromised immune systems will often be more at risk for the side effects, however the person giving the injection will be able to advise you as to whether or not you should have it.