Question
Posted by: Honey | 2009/06/15

Q.

Bronchitis in 4 month old?

My four month old boy has a very bad cough and a runny nose. I got Flemeze from the pharmacist who indicated 2.5ml three times a day as well as rubbing a little Karvol on his chest. He doesn' t have a fever, but is lethargic although he still drinks his bottles well. I rely on public health service at the moment so I need to know whether I should continue the meds or take him to the doctor?

Expert's Reply

A.

Expert ImagePaediatrician

Your baby is very young still and has a bad cold with a chest infection called bronchiolitis. The part of your letter that worries me is that you mention that your baby is lethargic. Bronchiolitis usually lasts about 7 to 10 days then clears up,but if your baby is lethargic it would be better for you to take him to be seen by a doctor.Flemeze and Karvol will not help to treat his bronchiolitis.

Want to comment?