Question
Posted by: R | 2010/08/17

Bronchitis - antibiotics

There seems to be bronchitis going through our family at the moment. My husband and mom went to the dr, and both got antibiotics (no tests were done, just listened to their cough). I feel perfectly fine expect for the cough, no fever, not other symptoms. I''m only a bit tired because I''m coughing during the night. My Mom is saying that if I don''t go to the dr to get antibiotics it will turn into pneumonia, but my opinion is that it is viral and not bacterial. Should I go to the dr???

Hallo R
If you don't have fever, shortness of breath, and don't cough up yellow or green phlegm, I agree with you, it probably is only viral. Try treating with Flugon and Benylin with codeine. But if symptoms get worse, rather see your doctor.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/17

Hallo R
dr Bets