Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2012-06-26

Bronchitis

Hi Doc,

I was at my doctor last week and was diagnosed with bronchitis. My doctor prescribed antibiotics and cortisone. I completed my course of cortisone and will finish my antibiotics tomorrow. It doesn''t seem that my chest is getting any better. I have developed a " wheeze"  in my chest. Should I go back to my doctor? Or is there something I can use to ease this?

Thanking you in advance.

Michelle

You will have to reconsult your doctor for possible x-rays of your chest. The wheezing is caused by narrowing of the airways, due to infection and it is possible that you might need an extended course of oral antibiotics, with the use of inhalers to alleviate the tightness.