Question
Posted by: Deedles | 2010-02-25

Bronchitis

Hi Doc,

It is the middle of summer &  I have bronchitis...A couple of weeks ago I my chest started feeling sore - the next day I was coughing. A few days later I went to the doc because when I breathe, there is a crackling noise in my chest &  (sorry for all the sensitive viewers) the stuff I was coughing up was very green - I was told I have acute bronchitis. I was given Augmentin (1062mg x2, twice a day for 5 days) - not very user - swallow friendly and stayed off for the sick leave that I was told to take. I completed the course but nearly two weeks after finishing the course, I am still coughing, green stuff still there and I sound like a winded hippo after climbing only 11 steps at work to get to the floor I work on. Sometimes I feel like I cant breathe. Has this gotten worse?
Thanks,
Debbie

Hallo Deedles
Please go back to your doctor - you may have an infection with a resistant organisma and maybe they should send some of the phlegm to the lab for testing. You may also need x/ray of the chest and some cortisone for the shortness of breath

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-02-26

Hallo Deedles

Reply to cyberdoc