Posted by: Gerry | 2009-07-14

I have had a cough for the last 2 weeks. It started off a dry tickly cough, but a week later turned into very chesty and phlegmy, and my lungs were sore. I went to a GP who told me I had bronchitis and gave me antibiotics. I have finished the antibiotics now 2 days ago and I am coughing up light green coloured phlegm although I am not coughing as much as I did. Since stopping the antibiotics I have been taking expectorant/bronchodilator cough medicine. My lungs are still a bit sore. Should I wait for it to get better or do I need to see the doctor again?

dear Gerry
If you are not feverish, give it some time, continue with your cough medication though. You can take some Viral choice C to boost your own immunity.
dr Bets