Question
Posted by: Pris | 2008/07/10

Bronchitis

Hi all
I have a 10 months old baby she is sick and I took her to the doctor yesterday because she has blocked nose sometimes its full of mucous and imagine she is still small she cannot blow her nose and she's also coughing, the doctor said she has bronchitis and I am not clear about bronchitis, can somebody please help me explain? and is it curable, I am very worried about my baby

Thanx

Hallo Pris
Yes bronchitis is curable, it is an infection of the small airways in the lungs, but the doctor probably gave her antibiotics. You can buy a small suction device at the pharmacy to gently clear her nose when it is very blocked with phlegm.