Question
Posted by: Lee | 2009-04-17

Broken toe? Causing pain

Hi Doc..

About 6 or so years ago i was playing around with friends and accidentally kicked one of them. Im guessing i broke my toe (one next to smallest toe) and it healed wrong as it was extremely painful and caused a bump to emerge in that area. Now whenever i wear specific shoes like high heels that raised bump rubs against my shoe and causes severe pain. I have to put plasters on the thing everytime i wear heels as i know what will happen. Nevertheless it still hurts. Can it be re-broken? How can i fix it? I know its a small thing but it has become such an inconvenience.

Thanks for your help

Lee

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Lee

I suggest that you have a consultation with an orthopaedic surgeon that specialises in feet. You should have an x-ray to see what damage was caused, how it has healed and what the best way forward is.

Chris

1