Question
Posted by: Ria Fourie | 2011/05/19

broken L3

My son broke is L3 on Saturday the 14th of May and the tip of the L4. They said I don''t need an orthopaedic and they can''t do anything it must heal itself. So I have an appointment on Monday the 23rd of May with a orthopaedic but I don''t know how to handle him till then. Must he walk or must I keep him still and what is the best way to help him out of bed so that I don''t hurt him more?

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

Everything depends if the spine is stabile or not - it does sound as if it is and in that case he can do anything within the limits of pain

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2011/05/29

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum