Question
Posted by: Kindness | 2013-01-19

Broken Heart

I have trouble dealing with my husband''s infidelity. I accept it happened and I know he love me but my mind won''t let it go. I think about it and I don''t want to. It creaps up on me and the next thing I know ...I''m mad all over again. This isn''t fair to either of us. How do I make it stop haunting me?

See a counsellor / psychotherapist, especially one offering CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) - it is excellent for heklping you review imhelpful recurring worries which are not helpful to keep fretting about, and for choosing the most fruitful ways to avoid bad recurring throughts and select more useful ways of facing problems. The way you describe this brings out an obsessive element in these ruminations, which can usefully be curbed.

1
Posted by: Kindness | 2013-01-19

Thank you for responding so quickly. I also appreciate your advice and plan to follow it.

Reply to Kindness