Question
Posted by: Jack Nel | 2010/12/06

Broken clavicle

I had a plate and screws fitted after breaking my clavicle. What excercises can I do to strenghten my shoulder again.
Jack

Hi Jack

Has it healed completely? Or are you still in the early days post-surgery? That obviously influences what you should do and avoid. I hate to pass the buck, but the best bet is to see the doctor who performed the surgery and have them advise. Usually, for that kind of bone break, you're looking at 6 - 8 weeks, before return to activity, and then the long-term prognosis is usually pretty good - you'll be able to do everything you did before.

The only issue is timing, when you do certain activities and what load you use. The shoulder will be weak, obviously, and so if you were accustomed to training, then it's not the type of training, but the load that you have to change - right back down to light weighs, same exercises.

But as i say, the best person to advise is someone who knows the case.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/12/12

Hi Jack

Reply to fitnessdoc