Posted by: mousea | 2009-05-22

Broken calcanius

I fell out of a tree and crushed my " Heel"  about 5 years ago. It stil gives me pain every now and again.
I bought a new bike the other day and when I was being fitted for it I was asked " Why do you peddle in a strange way with your right leg?"  this was the one I broke. Should I put heel inserts into my cycling shoes to compensate?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Mousea

I would'nt worry about inserts for the heel unless you start getting pain from cycling. You may have an altered cycling style because of a previous injury but this does not mean you will have pain. I would only worry about it if a problem develops, then I would see someone who can assess the action and see where it can be corrected.