Question
Posted by: Matthew | 2011-06-24

Broken Ankle, do thermogenic supplements help?

I broke my ankle in two places, i have a plate and 6 screws in my ankle. I would like to know if there are supplements that would help with the healing process. Also if i take thermogenic supplements to help with weight loss, will it affect the healing process? Because of the obvious i cannot run or cycle to loose weight.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Matthew
A balanced diet rich in protein and all the other nutrients will help you heal- remember that the healin process also depends on the severity of the fracture etc. I have no idea whether thermogenic supplements will be harmful to healing, but if you're not overweight, don't take it!