Posted by: neels | 2009-09-01

broken ankle

3 months ago i broke my anckle and tore ligaments,its now a month since i stopped using the moon boot the problem is that my anckle is very sore and swollen,i do have exercises to do to get rid of the stiffness,can you sugest anything to use to get rid of the swelling and pain?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Neels

In my experience ankle injuries can be very frustrating to recover from, especially complicated ones with fractures and ligament damage. It is very important to continue doing physio at least once a week and do all the exercises given to you. I find that ice can be a great help, even better when used with alternatively with heat. There are several ice compression bandages that work well on the market. Ask your physio for more information.