Question
Posted by: Lady man | 2009/10/19

Broken

I just want to know. I think my right little toe is broken. I bump it against a rock in my garden. It it is still blue and swollen and hurt when I try to put on shoes. It is a two weeks now and this morning I went to donate blood and I show my foot to the sister there and she said it looks broken and if it is broken then I cannot donate blood as my body needs the white blood shells to heel the toe. What can I do.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Lady man

I suggest that you have an x-ray to confirm if it is broken or not. It is more likely that you have dislocated it causing ligament damage. In this case it should be strapped to the toe next to it and given time to heal. This can take a while.

Chris

1
Posted by: Foot expert | 2009/10/25

Dear Lady man

Chris

Reply to Foot expert