Question
Posted by: blossom | 2010/03/04

BROKEIN VEINS ON SHOULDERS

I have been doing a lot of typing lately and my shoulders have taken a lot of strain. My friend noticed that I my upper shoulders as well as about 3 inches down were covered in many small and long broken veins. Can you give me an explanation for this?

Expert ImageOsteopath

Broken blood vessels may occur without a person having any recollection of trauma. This is often the case for people who bruise easily, for example, the elderly. The skin loses flexibility, and bruises more easily with age. Broken blood vessels are also more common among women than men. Although broken blood vessels are more common as we get older, blood spots can happen at any age, and their causes are harder to identify. People who have broken blood vessels of a permanent nature can seek help from a dermatologist.Most broken blood vessels are minor in nature and do not present any significant health risks. However, broken blood vessels may occur anywhere within the body, and may have serious consequences without warning. If you are in doubt, particularly after trauma, see your doctor.

1
Posted by: osteopath | 2010/03/05

Reply to osteopath