Question
Posted by: Nicolene | 2009-09-03

Bringing up flem and blood

Last nigh I brought up a lot of flem eventually, blood also came out with it, after a while I drank water to get the flem down then I got a sharp pain in my middle back and in front of my chest. The pain was unbearable, I laid on my back on the bathroom floor. I was not sure where the pain came from beacause my back and chest was in so much pain. Eventually about 4 this morning I fell asleep, the pain is still there but when I breath deeply it is 10x worse. I get a lot of flem but not to this extend and usually when a drink a little bit of milk it goes down but last night nothing happened the more liquid I drank the more flem came out. Should I be concern or could it be something bad. I dont want to run to the dr. for everything so I first need to know must I go to the dr. Please help me

Dear Nicolene
I do think you need to see your doctor as you may have bronchitis or pneumonia. (I am assuming the phlegm comes out when you cough ) You may need antibiotics