Question
Posted by: Ferret Lover | 2009-05-13

Bringing Ferret home

My daughter has been living and working in the UK for a few years and has acquired a pet Ferret which she loves dearly and refers to as her baby. She will be returning to South Africa towards the end of the year and is rather traumatised that she will not be able to bring her beloved pet with her. She has made certain enquiries which all seem to indicate that this is so but I wish to enquire from YOU whether YOU know if there is any route she can take to import her pet, which has been neutered and receives regular health checks. Thank you.

Dear Ferret Lover

I have no idea but you can phone Dough or Vickey on 044 8770480.

1
Posted by: Chill | 2009-05-13

I' d phone a good animal travel agency, they will have access to all the legalities around importing/exporting animals.

The airlines might also be able to give you information.

Reply to Chill