Posted by: Nomusa Mabaso | 2011-10-25

Bright red blood in Feces (2 weeks and counting)

I am not a person who has an active system but i go for number 2 maybe 3-4 times a week. I have been noticing fresh blood in my feces, i dont know why. I am just feeling tired when i sleep and still wake up feeling tired, i dont get pains when in the toilet nor any itching. The only thing i have is this blood when i am in the toilet. What is it? i would like to get all possibilities before going to see my Practitioner (GP)

Blood in stools has to be investigated as soon as possible and I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for a referral to have a colonoscopy done, to determine the cause for the blood in your stools. The reason for the blood in your stools, can be due to a mere tear due to constipation or due to something more serious, like colon rectal cancers. There are many likely causes and it will therefore have to be investigated with special tests.