Posted by: Mountain Man | 2008-11-24

Brief update

Hey all .... for those stalwarts youmay recall me .... the married dad who was contemplating his plan to take over the world... MAn was the decision to take the jump one of the hardest i ever took... But the liberation i felt afterwards is undescribable.... I discovered that i felt sexy for the first time about 2 months ago... The acceptance from family and friends has been remarkable. My ex and i are still friends , in fact she has been to a gay club 4 times with me. I see my daughter as often asi can which is a lot... and she has adjusted well... minimal fighting... I had a bf for a bit but its not working out... a real nutcase..... has a problem withthe truth,,, but thats for another post.... I love being able to say that i am Gay and it is so good not having to hide anymore....I have hit a bad patch of late , but i sumise it has something to do with being cheated on and other things life has thrown at me.... I am so grateful for the advise i received on this forum, The sharing of experiences has helped me to not be afraid and go into this lifestyle with open eyes. Its not such a scary place after all... the jump was a hard one to take but the landing surprisingly soft... Thank you one and all... See you on the other sideof the mountain...

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi to you Mountain Man and thanks for a very positive and inspiring post - congrats on all you've accomplished :) Stick around, I think you can inspire other guys feeling trapped in a similar situation.

Posted by: Jack Horner | 2008-12-10

still here and still procrastinating (sp?)

Reply to Jack Horner
Posted by: Gareth | 2008-11-26

Hey MM, how FANTASTIC to hear this. I am so very happy for you. However difficult the road, you kept going and it paid of. And like you said, there are NO comparison for that happiness and freedom to be who you are. WELL DONE. Have fun. Don' t be too quick to tie yourself down so soon again. Like Deeve said, kiss the frogs, go out, rediscover yourself.
And keep us up to date. Mwah.

Reply to Gareth
Posted by: Deeve | 2008-11-26

Hi MM!
Great to hear from you again! All really good news. I had a feeling that you were out there having fun, and occassionally on some Mountain side too.... LOL!!!!
Like you say, it' s not that scary at all, but the decission to jump is what it' s all about.
Hopefully you' ll be able to help and encourage others who are in similar situations.
And the ' lovelife' sound pretty sorted. One often kisses a few frogs before you find your just keep kissing!!!! Cheers!! ... see you on the mountain some time?

Reply to Deeve
Posted by: Mountain Man | 2008-11-25

indeed it is ... People have a way of putting others in boxes... being gay does not have to be a box, just a pretty ribbon decorating it.... i am not the core person i am because i am gay... there are a gazillion things that make me unique, being gay is just the cherry really. To other same sex lovers! WE ARE F A M I LY .... I love you all...

Reply to Mountain Man
Posted by: A man over the moutain | 2008-11-25

BRAVO! Bad patch aside, you have made great strides. Well done. Indeed it is very liberating when you can say I am what I am to those around you.

Reply to A man over the moutain