Question
Posted by: Keila | 2010/02/04

Bridge position/not

Hi, Doc
When I went for a scan, I noticed that the baby was sitting on his bums i.e. bums at the bottom and the head by my upper stomach. I would like to know if this (the position and how often)could change with time as I would like to give birth natural and I have heard that the position the baby is sitting at is a bridge position where you can' t give birth naturally. I am 18 weeks pregnant.
Thank you....

At 18 weeks this is normal. There is lots of time for the baby to turn.

2

Posted by: Purple | 2010/02/04

It' s called breech posiition. If your baby hasn' t turned by about 28 weeks your gynae might start talking about c-section.

Reply to Purple