Posted by: Amanda | 2009-07-28

BREXECAM S3 anti-inflammatory tablets

I have trouble with rheumatoid arthritis and swelling of the knee and therefore my surgeon prescribed BREXECAM S3 for me. I need to take one tablet every evening for the following 2 MONTHS (60 tablets). My concern is that my friend also took an anti-inflammatory agent for such a long period and he got tinnitus (permanent ringing in the ears) as a result of this. One of the side effects on the dosage form inside the packet indeed mentions this. What is the difference between the S2 and S3 versions? Isn' t the S3 suppose to be stronger and therefore needs to be taken for a minimum time period?

It is mentioned that the dosage for adults is 10 - 40 mg per day, but nowhere do they mention what the maximum time period for taking these tablets are ...

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hallo Amanda

The S3 and S2 tabs are the same thing - The only difference is how it is prescribed. When prescribed for acute gout or traumatic conditions (ie post-op conditions) it may be sold OTC (thus as S2) for up to 5 days. For RA, etc. it may only be sold as S3 - thus requiring a prescription.
Tinnitus is a symptom of piroxicam overdose and is rare at the dose you're taking.

Can i use this for a migraine