Posted by: Rosie | 2013-01-18

Breathing Problems

I battle to breathe and have constant pains between my breast bones, went to the hospital in November and they treated me for a possible Angina Heart, which they said it could only be muscular. They then sent me for a stress ECG, of which the results show that everything is fine. However the problem still persists and if not it seems to be worse, becuase i actually feel dizzy having to try and gasp for breath. Please advise what the problem can be, and how can i treat it.

Expert ImageCardiologist

Dear Rosie

You don’t mention your age and you don’t give me enough information to help me suggest a diagnosis. However, it sounds like your symptoms are related to anxiety. My suggestion is to go and see a good general physician who can listen carefully to your symptoms, examine you, and organize appropriate tests. I hope he or she can soon sort the problem out for you.