Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2010/09/08

Breathing problems

Every time I run a long distance, I tend to have a blood taste in my mouth, and when I stop to take a breath, I can''t breath freely. Why is this, and should I be worried?

Anonymous

Honestly, I don't know. How long is long? And does the taste happen from the start, or after a certain time? And have you been running long? That taste is not uncommon with exertion, and so you might be over-exerting, running further than you've trained for and so you're just "hurting", which is pretty normal. But it's hard to guess at the exact cause.

2
Posted by: anonymous | 2010/09/14

When I say long, I mean to say, about 100-200 m. Hope that helps

Reply to anonymous
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/09/13

Reply to fitnessdoc