Question
Posted by: liz | 2009-12-07

breathing problems

I hope you can help me, my father is 60year old he has very bad launges after smoking when he was younger, but do not smoke any more, the problem is he fined it diffecult to breath sometimes and can only walk a short distance then he is out of breath.
We are going on holday soon and just like to know if you can get an oxygen bottle just for incase when he can' t breath, are what can we go in this case.

Liz

Hallo Liz
Yes you can get an oxygen bottle, however, he may need medication for emphyzema. I think you should let him be evaluated by a pulmonologist before you go on holiday - maybe a simple asthma pump will be the solution and would probably be much cheaper!
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-12-07

Hallo Liz
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc