Breathing deep

Dear Doctor,

I told you a few days ago that sometimes I feel the need to breathe in a lot of air, three times in a row and without letting any air out in between. Just like when a child does after crying for a long time.
I don' t have asthma and this happens in all situations. I could be eating, talking, listening to music, reading. This happens and then I wonder why. Is it possible that I uncounsciously forget to breathe when I' m busy and then feel this sudden need for air? I' m asking because I' ve heard many people don' t breathe enough during their sleep and feel tired when they wake up. And many times I do feel like I haven' t slept at all. I wonder if it has something to do with my breathing.

I suggest that you consult your GP, in order for him/her to do a full examination, as well as a chest x-ray and lung function test. To exclude poor breathing at night, your doctor can request a sleep apnea test.