Question
Posted by: Beth | 2011-10-01

breathing condition, also fatigue

Why is it that when I get breathless from exerting myself physically, I can not take deep breaths for a few minutes, I have to take short rapid breaths, something like a dog panting, and only after that can I take deep breaths?

Separate question: I am fine, had winter flu then sinusistis recently but was treated with antibiotics and recovered, and yet I get very tired. I get plenty of sleep and start the day off with energy. But by midday I am dragging myself around and just need to sit down for an hour or two, sometimes lie down and sleep. Why is this?

Beth

It is possible that you are experiencing exercise induced asthma. Your tiredness can also be linked to a light form of asthma. I suggest that you consult your doctor for blood tests and a lung function test. This way, your doctor can address all your symptoms.