Posted by: Maimoonah | 2011-08-17

Please case or perhaps point me in the right direction. I have Beta Thalassemia Minor as well as Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Smoked cigarettes for the past 24 years. 38 years old, female, mother of 3 (ages 8,6 &  4). Quit smoking for the past 2.5 months, though not a heavy smoker.

In the past, I''ve experienced shortness of breath, taking in deep breaths every few minutes, yawning a lot, constantly tired and a touch unfit.

No chest pains involved. Have IBS and experience a number of back spasm (back usually sore most of the time over the last few years). Will be taking up YOGA and PILATES soon.

The breathing problems come and go, why???? It''s been present over the past few weeks.

Please advise. Much appreciated.

I suggest that you consult your doctor to test your serum ferritin levels to establish if you are anemic, which can be the cause for your severe tiredness. You should also have a lung function test done, to establish if you are suffering from asthma, which is commonly associated with Beta Thalassemia Minor.