Posted by: Anon | 2012-09-27

Dear CD

My breasts tend to be sore and itchy especially around the nipple area. This is not a permanent situation but comes n goes. Should I be concerned?

Taking into account that your breasts are sore and itchy around the nipples occasionally, I think that you are suffering from allergic eczema/dermatitis. I do however, suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and possible referral for a mammogram, to have a proper diagnosis made. I do not think that you have something to be concerned about but it will still be a good idea to consult your doctor to set your mind at ease. Regular self examination of your breasts are very important and a yearly mammogram is indicated, as one in 8 women can present with breast cancer.

Posted by: Lola | 2012-09-27

Go for a check up. It could be excema but could be something else.

Reply to Lola