Question
Posted by: Debbie | 2009/09/15

Breasts

Dear Doc, I had a hysterectomy 4 years ago, and still hae my overies. Occasionally I' d get sore breasts for about 2-3 days for a month or tow and then nothing for a while. Last Thursday it started again. It' s quite painful and I have now started sleeping with a bra. It' s almost a week and I still cannot touch my nipples. Please advise.

Hallo Debbie
If you still have your ovaries you may still have cyclic higher esterogen levels and this is probably what is causing the sore breasts at the moment. Try taking 200 mg Vit B6 per day ( Lactosec if you can get hold of it) and taking anti-inflammatory like Neurofen. It should help.