Posted by: ooilam | 2008-11-27

Breastfeeding + Probiflora (9strain)

My little one is 9 weeks. I am very constipated and uses Probiflora
9strain. Two capsules a day.
Breasfeeding exclusively. Baby has a bit of reflux. Could this give my baby extra stomach cramps?

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Hi ooilam
So difficult to say when it comes to small babies.
One of the only “side-effects” of probiotics is a flatulence or producing of more “gas” in certain individuals.
The only thing you can try, is to stop the probiotic for a few days and see if you can notice any difference in your baby’s cramps?
Sorry can’t be of more help.

Posted by: HD | 2008-12-02

Yes ProbiFlora 9 is safe for infants but I would recommend that you use ProbiFlora Infant. It is specially formulated for babies with a delicate flora balance. It will quickly sort out your baby' s stomach cramps.

Reply to HD