Breastfeeding options

Dear Doc

I weaned my youngest a week ago after breastfeeding him for nine months. The Dr pescirbed Dostinex. I took the first dose just after I breastfed for the very last time.
It has been a week now and my breasts feel heavy (though not completely full). I have not let my baby breastfeed or expressed any milk, because I do not want to stimulate lactation.
However, I feel that there is some milk left over in my breast. Will this disappear over time or should I express it in order to prevent abscesses etc?

Dear Anonymous
You don't have to express the milk, it will disappear over time. If your breasts are sore, it may help to take an anti-inflammatory like Brufen for a few days. It can take up to 10 days for breasts to return to "normal" after you stopped breastfeeding. Signs of infection (mastitis) is a red swollen warm area on the breast.