Posted by: Linda | 2009-08-12

Breastfeeding and Microval

I am breastfeeding for 2 years now and using Microval. I am gained a lot of weight and have aweful acne which I never had before the pregnancy. With my pregnancy I gained just 7 kilo' s and lost it after 2 weeks of birth and now I am bigger as before. Can it be the Microval and if so, is there any other contraceptive I can use while breastfeeding, want to keep going with breastfeeding to loose the weight but now I am wondering over the pill. Please need advise, time is running out I want to wean my girl after the winter.

Hallo Linda
It could be due to the progesterone effects - it may be better for you to have an intra uterine device put in ( Mirena or copper T)